kurt, so gorgeous, it hurts



We all have our own sob stories on Christmas. 

But Kurt Batacan’s so painful that it inspired him to swear that it will never happen again. It reminds everyone of the strong-willed Scarlett O’Hara’s promise in the classic drama Gone With The Wind: “As God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again!”

Just like a typical Filipino middle-class family, Kurt's family celebrates Christmas Eve with a feast: roasted pork or lechon, ham, among other favorites. He would also whip up his signature dish shrimp thermidor, while his brother prepares his own baked oysters. This is the kind of Christmas celebration that he has grown up with.

But there was one Christmas, when he was 12, when the celebration turned simple. His father, who runs his own construction business, was not paid for a project just when Christmas was approaching. Because there was not much money, the family shared a dinner of corned beef and loaf bread sprinkled with milk and Milo (a chocolate powdered drink).

“I don’t want to experience that anymore,” says Kurt. “I had several downs in my life, but that was the ultimate. Since then, I swore I would work hard so I won’t be short for money. I don’t need a lot, just enough to celebrate special occasions like Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries.”

That experience taught the 19-year old Kurt to be tough, and to pursue a career in modeling and in the entertainment business.





The gorgeous, cappuccino-skinned Kurt has been modeling since he was 17 and has appeared in several fashion shows including the annual Philippine fashion week. He was also one of the finalists at last year's Philippine modeling search, the Bodyshots.



Aside from pursuing his showbiz career, he is also busy with his Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship course at the University of Sto Tomas, where he is on his third year.

Why did he join Men of Manila?

“I want to to try out new things. Singing and performing on stage is new for me,” says Kurt. “After a year of training, I have improved a lot. I used to have a stage fright. Now I can sing in public. I already performed twice at school and even at family gatherings. The confidence is there.”

He likes to sing Michael Buble songs. He looks up to the famous singer and admires his sexy moves when performing and his deep voice.

The 5’10” young man is currently single. His ideal girl? Long hair, oriental eyes, between 5’4” to 5’6” in height and comes from a good family.

Clearly, Kurt's gorgeous heart is in the right place.

&&&&&&&&&&





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

philippine cinema's best actresses

one fyn day

filipino women on the verge of.....greatness