escape to a marriage trap

i am luving this film: the lead stars (the shape-shifter michelle williams -- glorious in every role -- and the hunky with sad eyes luke kirby) have that sizzling chemistry rarely seen among pretend luvers on the big screen. the color palette is delicious (mostly vibrant primary colors. very summery) and the fashion is light, breezy and easy on the eyes.  even the usually obnoxious seth rogent looks adorable.



then there is the story -- about repressed desires and unspoken luv. how gay! lastly, the soundtrack is dreamy, makes me want to escape in sum idyllic, rustic place where i can lie on a hammock all day dreaming about day dreams.
what more can you want?
here is a review from the guardian:
 

"Michelle Williams is Margot, a freelance writer in her late 20s with a touch of workaday depression, and a husband of five years, Lou (Seth Rogen, muting, if not quite gagging, his stoner schtick). They're content, more cuddly than carnal – Polley is an acute observer of relationship in-jokes and baby play.
Then Margot meets Daniel (Luke Kirby), a rickshaw driver and, it turns out, their new neighbour. The attraction is deep and mutual, and the more Margot hits up her husband for the kind of passion that might prevent her from straying, the less affectionate he seems to be (there's some amusing business about the all-chicken recipe book he's writing)."
&&&&&&
feast on the luvly pictures. they make me want to grab some ube macapuno ice cream from the sweaty mamang sorbetero at the corner. yum! 





&&&

here's the delectable trailer:




&&&&&&

here's the song where the title of the movie came from, leonardo cohen's take this waltz:


&&&&&
and the poem by federico garcia lorca (who was in luv and had an affair with the painter salvador dali, who rejected him afterwards) where the lyrics of the song came from:


little viennese waltz

In Vienna there are ten little girls,
a shoulder for death to cry on,
and a forest of dried pigeons.
There is a fragment of tomorrow
in the museum of winter frost.
There is a thousand-windowed dance hall.

Ay, ay, ay, ay!
Take this close-mouthed waltz.

Little waltz, little waltz, little waltz,
of itself of death, and of brandy
that dips its tail in the sea.

I love you, I love you, I love you,
with the armchair and the book of death,
down the melancholy hallway,
in the iris's darkened garret,

Ay, ay, ay, ay!
Take this broken-waisted waltz.

In Vienna there are four mirrors
in which your mouth and the echoes play.
There is a death for piano
that paints little boys blue.
There are beggars on the roof.
There are fresh garlands of tears.

Ay, ay, ay, ay!
Take this waltz that dies in my arms.

Because I love you, I love you, my love,
in the attic where the children play,
dreaming ancient lights of Hungary
through the noise, the balmy afternoon,
seeing sheep and irises of snow
through the dark silence of your forehead

Ay, ay, ay, ay!
Take this " I will always love you" waltz

In Vienna I will dance with you
in a costume with
a river's head.
See how the hyacinths line my banks!
I will leave my mouth between your legs,
my soul in a photographs and lilies,
and in the dark wake of your footsteps,
my love, my love, I will have to leave
violin and grave, the waltzing ribbons 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

philippine cinema's best actresses

one fyn day

filipino women on the verge of.....greatness